Faith Lutheran High School offers an excellent college preparatory program to students from around the world who seek to study in the United States.
Faith Lutheran features:
Advanced Placement courses for college credit
Grade level and honors placement available
12-1 student teacher ratio
Fine Arts program
Extensive after school activities
Fully Accredited by ALSS and ISBE
Students participating in the International Program are housed with families of Faith Lutheran students or carefully selected local families. The families provide a safe, caring environment for students entrusted to them. Students are well-supervised at school and at home to ensure their safety and well-being. We believe that this type of living arrangement is most beneficial to students enrolled in this program. The family unit provides warmth and support not found in a traditional boarding school.
How to Apply
For acceptance into the Faith Lutheran International program, families must supply the following:
1. Complete academic records from the age of 12, translated into English. Academic records must include subjects (classes) taken, evidence of satisfactory completion of subjects, duration of classes ( example: Algebra I, one academic school year, Monday through Friday, one hour per day)
2. Two teacher letters of recommendation translated into English
3. Copies of the student's passport
4. A completed Faith Lutheran High School application form
5. SLEP (Secondary Level English Proficiency Test ) results
6. A Skype interview to be scheduled when all application materials have been received and reviewed.
Both application and letter of recommendation forms can be downloaded in pdf form from our website, www.ahschool.com on the admissions page.
The Fatih Lutheran Admissions Committee will review your child's records and determine suitable placement. Full tuition for the school year is due upon acceptance. After tuition has been received, the school will issue an I-20 form which must be taken to your country's U.S. Embassy. The Embassy will issue a Student Visa which will allow the student to attend Faith Lutheran High School.